- Nafissatou Thiam (BEL) – 6806 points
- Yorgelis Rodriguez (CUB) – 6742 points
- Erica Bougard (USA) – 6725 points
- Damian WARNER (CAN) – 8795 points
- Maicel Uibo (EST) – 8514 points
- Pieter Braun (NED) – 8343 points
Less than a month after Florence, the combined event athletes competed at this legendary meeting, which gather every year the world’s best athletes ! And this year, the startlist was once again very high standards. During the week-end we witnessed great performances. The heptathlon first day was marked by Nafissatou THIAM in the high jump, she jumped 2m01, it was the first time a heptathlete jumped this high in a heptathlon. She also broke her personal best in the long jump with 6m62.
At the end of this amazing first day, she was on the road to the European Record. But during the 2nd day, she missed the javelin throw because of the wind. Her best throw was only 47,20m while her record is 59,32m. Despite of this counter performance, she won for the 2nd time in a row this heptathlon with 6806 points. Yorgelis RODRIGUEZ took the 2nd place with 6742 points, very close to win. And the 3rd place goes to Erica BOUGARD with 6725 points. The American lead the combined event challenge.
In the Decathlon, the canadian Damian WARNER won for the 2nd in a row with 8795 points, his new personal best and Canadian record. He became the 4th athlete to win 4th times the gotzis meeting after Carolina KLUFT, Roman SEBRLE, and Sabine BRAUN. The podium was completed by the Estonian Maicel UIBO and the dutch Pieter BRAUN who scored their personal best with 8514 and 8343 points.
As for our french athletes. Esther TURPIN did very well, she scored 6230 (personal best) and finished 8th she also won the first rookie trophy. This total qualified her for the European championship in Berlin in august. She broke her personal record in high jump, 200m, long jump and 800m. Solène NDAMA placed 16th with 5932 points and improved 3 of her personal best with the shot put, 200m and 800m.
In the decathlon, Bastien AUZEIL finished 16th with 7925 points. He won the shot put with 15,43m. Basile ROLNIN had to give up the competition due to an injury during the 400m.
- Challenge Ranking
- Erica Bougard (USA) – 2 – 13052.00 points
- Alex Gochenour (USA) – 2 – 12174.00 points
- Allison Reaser (USA) – 2 – 11943.00 points
- Annie Kunz (USA) – 2 – 11396.00 points
- Nafissatou Thiam (BEL) – 1 – 6806.00 points
- Yorgelis Rodriguez (CUB) – 1 – 6742.00 points
- Anouk Vetter (NED) – 1 – 6426.00 points
- Verena Preiner (AUT) – 1 – 6308.00 points
- Martin Roe (NOR) – 2 – 16245.00 points
- Pawel Wiesiolek (POL) – 2 – 14521.00 points
- Jefferson Dos Santos (BRA) – 2 – 13601.00 points
- Damian Warner (CAN) – 1 – 8795.00 points
- Maicel Uibo (EST) – 1 – 8514.00 points
- Pieter Braun (NED) – 1 – 8342.00 points
- Kai Kazmirek (GER) – 8329.00 points
- Mathias BRUGGER (GER) – 1 – 8304.00 points